One of the things I have realized in my own spiritual journey, and have witnessed with many of my clients over the years, is that as you grow more conscious and aware of your spiritual power, you become very picky with whom you share your life with, and even more so, whom you trust to share your troubles with.
Let me explain …
As you gain the realization of how your energy affects your experiences and the true power that your thoughts, words and actions have in your life, you become even more sensitive to those around you. This is why during periods of spiritual growth you often see people finally removing toxic people from their lives and see that even their circle of friends may shift. And even after making positive changes like that in your life, there are those who remain close to you that still may not be equipped to support you in the ways you need when you are experiencing challenges and stress.
They may love you completely, but:
- May be an excessive worrier and go to worst case scenarios in their mind.
- Get super emotional and don’t have strength to lend you.
- Look at everything from a negative point of view.
- Say they will pray for you, but you feel they have their own idea of what is in your best interest instead of praying for your highest good.
- Are so rooted in fear they cannot hold the loving, sacred space you need to move forward fearlessly.
For someone who is always trying to stay positive and hold a certain vision for your own life as well as others, this can leave you feeling isolated and alone in your troubles and pain. It can make you feel completely empty, tired and overwhelmed and in need of someone who can help fill up your love tank.
It is like you want to share, but you hold back because you know that you only desire people who won’t add their own misery, fear or negativity to your situation. You hold everything inside and try to handle it all alone.
Luckily, you have spiritual helpers available at any given moment, but even they know we are in need of earthly support too.
So, what do you do in moments like these when you could really use a good supportive ear, a shoulder to lean on and a motivated cheerleader?
Here are some things to keep in mind when you feel like you are going it alone and some action steps to take to move closer to a place of empowerment:
- Don’t be afraid to ask for what you need from a loved one. A loving and gentle reminder that it is important to you to hold positive thoughts around your situation could be very helpful. You will know who you feel is capable of this or not.
- Ask your angels who in your life right now is willing and able to be positive, supportive and helpful to you at this time. You may be surprised as to what they reveal to you.
- If you are a part of any spiritual social media groups, post a prayer request there. If you don’t feel like sharing all of the specifics, you don’t have to. You could simply ask for support, clarity, strength or peace. Chances are you have been willing to be there for countless others and it is important to balance your giving and receiving. Allowing others to pray for you and hold sacred space is a wonderful start. The power of prayer in numbers is magical, so receive.
- Ask to increase your circle of spiritually minded friends so that your support system can naturally grow larger. This is one of the reasons I started teaching many, many years ago. I knew that people were needing to connect with like-minded spiritual seekers and I was right. I thoroughly enjoyed watching everyone make loving connections and seeing friendships form in front of my eyes. This also is true for my online courses. You are drawn to people who can be a blessing in your life. You just need to pay attention and be willing to open up and connect.
- Have someone close to you that you trust enough to share with but who doesn’t understand your spiritual stance? Explain to them your spiritual principals and the focus and energy you are placing around healing your situation or drawing in the experience you desire, and then ask them to join you in holding your same vision.
I hope you find this helpful when moving through times of stress and worry. I personally welcome you to email my office with your prayer requests too. It is my joy and honor to lift your needs and desires to the divine. When our energy comes together we can do magical things!
Have a prayer request? Feel free to email it to email@example.com
Love, Light and Many Blessings,