Mediumship has always seemed to have a taboo attached to it; it did for me. I won’t bore you with that whole story right now, but what I will say is that if you think about it, many people may go their whole life without ever giving a thought to trying to connect with a deceased loved one. It usually is not on anyone’s radar until they lose someone very special. When people experience a great loss, they begin to question everything. Where are they? Are they okay? Can they still feel my love? Is heaven real? What is it like? Will they be there to greet me when I pass?
Even so, they may judge their own emotions, question their beliefs, their religion, and more. I have been there, and so I understand all of the wondering and questioning. The longing to connect one more time can be completely thrilling and intimidating all at the same time. The assumptions around mediumship often make people wary about making connections.
Yet, it is rarely talked about because of that taboo nature I mentioned before. Most people don’t trust trying to have a discussion with someone about such a” woo woo” topic. But I am not afraid to talk about it. So, let’s have some of these conversations, and if you have questions yourself, I hope I can help you gain some clarity.
HERE ARE SOME O THE MOST COMMON MISCONCEPTIONS:
• Mediums see spirits everywhere they go and all of the time – Ummm, no thank you. First, it may surprise you that I do not see with my eyes open. Spirits, that is. That is a rarity. I made a deal a very long time ago that I would be willing to deliver messages, but I was not comfortable seeing with my eyes open. I am completely comfortable seeing in my mind’s eye, and it works well, so there is no need to see spirits walking around everywhere. Although I am connected and tuned in much of the time, it is important for me to be connected to my physical self and disconnect from the spirit world. It is my opinion that this is the healthiest choice for any medium.
• As a medium, you must have access to all knowledge and information – Again, no. First, how boring would it be if we had all of the answers to everything all of the time? Where would the adventure be? We are all here to learn and grow. That is the earthly experience for all of us. It is the natural process of our soul’s evolution. Our intuition exists for us to stay connected and have access to the divine wisdom of the universe. Although mediums are well-versed in using their intuition, it does not equate to abusing it, intuitively spying on anyone, or picking the winning lotto numbers. Mediums are not all-knowing.
• Mediums are sketchy, scary, or a carnival act – First, I think it is important to say that you should definitely do your research before consulting with a medium. Unfortunately, there are people out there that are operating from a space of negativity or ego and may treat their profession as the above mentioned. This breaks my heart because this can be very damaging. I know that asking friends if they know of a good medium is probably not a normal conversation in most circles. However, most reputable mediums will have a website, social media presence, or some way that you find them that will let you get to know them on some level. Prayerfully look for the one you feel guided to work with. Read testimonials, their history and see what resonates with you and trust that. Mediumship can be extremely healing, and I truly believe there are more honest mediums that are aligned with being of love and service than there are so-called mediums that intend to manipulate or take advantage of you.
• Mediums research you before you come in for a reading – Let me promise you one thing, I do not have the time or the interest to research anyone that schedules a session with me. It actually would make my job harder, not easier. Having a blank slate is the best way to make a strong connection. No preconceived notions. When teaching mediumship, I talk to my students all the time about creating a blank slate to receive information. Clearing everything out of their mind helps them open up to receive validating information. Again, if you are allowing yourself to be guided to the right professional medium, you should not have to worry about their integrity.
• Mediums can control exactly who comes through and the message they bring through – That may sound nice, but again, no. I will tell you that in over 15 plus years of work as a professional medium, it is rare for me not to naturally connect my client with whom they are hoping to hear from, but it is not in my control. I do however, set my intentions to connect with the deceased loved one(s) my client is hoping to hear from. I also open my sessions with prayer in order to create a sacred space and help my clients relax, which helps them open their heart and mind to receive the loving messages from spirit. My goal is to be of love and service to them, and I trust that whatever they are in need of most is what comes through for them. To get the most out of your session with a medium, it is best to go into it with an open heart, set your own intentions of what you are hoping to experience, and then surrender to the process.
• Mediums only talk to dead people – False. Most mediums, including myself, can also connect with spirit guides, guardian angels, archangels, and other members of your spiritual team. For example, I don’t just offer mediumship sessions. Over fifty percent of my clientele schedule with me for Intuitive Spiritual Coaching or Angelic Counseling. They are looking for clarity, guidance, and maybe moving through periods of change or spiritual growth or continuing to move through grief in a healthy way as possible. You might also be surprised how many times your loved ones in spirit may want to help you with your current path and may want to introduce you to the love and support of your angels.
• Mediums have always had the “gift” and are born knowing how to use it– Nope, not at all. Although I have been sensitive and aware of energies my whole life, I did not understand the purpose of it all until I was a young adult. Not every medium is born knowing. Most are born wondering. Wondering why they feel different and no one understands them. They wish someone could connect with them in a way that feels familiar. Some people open up to the ability to connect with spirit much later in life after an intense life happening or spiritual awakening or after the birth of a child or a loss. Many people who experience connecting with spirits in some shape or form don’t understand it, trust it or know how to control it. Mediumship can be taught. Some people may engage in learning how to hone their craft, and others may just empower themselves with the knowledge so they know how to control it and turn it off.
I hope this is helpful in understanding a little bit more about what mediumship is all about. That it clears up any confusion or fear and helps you look at mediumship as a healing tool that is there for you if you so feel guided to use it.
I must say that being a medium has given me the great honor and joy to make beautiful connections for amazing people both here and in spirit. It has allowed me the opportunity to witness time and time again that love is more powerful than death ever could be and that we will never lose the love that was shared here on earth.
It is also important to mention that you do not need a medium to connect with your loved one. They easily receive the love, prayers, and messages you send their way, and they love and support you from the other side too. Look for their signs and trust them. Their love will show up in bright and beautiful ways.
With you on the journey.
Love, Light & Blessings, ❤️
Want to connect on a deeper level?
If this blog has resonated with you or made you even more curious about mediumship and your ability to make connections for yourself you can check out my upcoming Mediumship Made Easy course.
Learn More Here >
For anyone that has followed my work on any level, you already know that my angels are my teammates and I consult with them daily to gain clarity, understanding, wisdom, insights, support, and faith. When I am feeling burdened, I often say I am on the Struggle Bus. But the thing about my association with the struggle bus is that buses are always in motion and they are always stopping to let people on and off. So, when I feel like I am on the struggle bus my goal is to get off as soon as possible and preferably at a fabulous destination. 😊 Now, let me be clear. I am never alone on the struggle bus. My angels joyfully ride with me to keep me company and keep me in check. They offer their divine wisdom as to how to get off the bus and back into my high vibe groove and flow. But lately, I have spent way too much time on the struggle bus. I was truly beginning to wonder if my bus had some type of unlimited gas supply or something. I mean, why have we not made any stops? And, although I would never hope for another person to struggle, why do I feel so alone on this bus?
Well, if you have been feeling the same way I want to share with you how I work through times of resistance, even when it seems to linger a little too long.
First, you are not alone.
Second, resistance comes both internally and externally and it is important to look at both.
LET’S START WITH THE EXTERNAL RESISTANCE.
These are things like your computer failing you at the most inopportune time. The flat tire. The dropped phone calls. The traffic jams. The electricity going out right before your important Zoom meeting or spilling your coffee all down your suit right as you are heading out the door for that important meeting. Now, I know these things happen in life but what I’m talking about is a feeling that something is working against you. Purposely.
INTERNAL RESISTANCE IS DAUNTING.
Nothing is worse than knowing what you need to do but lack the desire or motivation to get it done. Or, have the motivation to get it done but struggle with focus, clarity, and direction.
Then there is the lovely doubt. The insecurities and wonderings making us question if what we have to offer really matters. There is the nagging feeling that everything is hard when in truth it is simple when we map out the plan, it just takes gusto.
The body and soul can feel the resistance too. It is not just a mental thing. The sense is like moving through wet concrete. As if something is trying to hold us back with as much strength and might as possible and we are aware we must take control and shift gears before we go down.
So how do we keep our head above it all so that we don’t lose sight of where we are meant to go? How do we get off the Struggle Bus???
Clear the Confusion
– First, ask your spiritual team if you are still on the right path. When resistance shows up it can make us question everything. So, instead of just assuming that the resistance is a roadblock telling you that you are headed in the wrong direction, ask. Gaining clarity in these moments is of utmost importance because otherwise, we get distracted, frustrated and then can become stuck.
– If the above action lets you know you need to go a different direction, great! You now know what to do. But if you have validated that you are on the right track, you know you have to stay focused and dig in. Be persistent regardless of the resistance. I know, I know. This is easier said than done. But now is the time to stand your ground and be unwavering in your trust and faith.
Uncover the Resistance
– Understanding where your resistance is coming from can be very enlightening and empowering. I want you to remember that when we have committed to making big changes it is completely normal to feel resistance. It is as if your old self and your ego team up against you because all they want is for you to stay in that place you’ve always been. There used to be a saying that said, ” The bigger the purpose the bigger the fear.” Well, I say, the stronger the resistance the greater the potential. You are here to live to your fullest potential, so, start asking yourself these questions?
Regardless of these obstacles, should I still be moving forward?
What will my reward be for not giving up?
If I do nothing and give up now, how will I feel tomorrow?
Are my goals more important than the discomfort I feel right now?
What help can I call on to move through this resistance?
How can I break up my action steps, so I feel less overwhelmed?
What choice and decision will honor my highest self?
You know yourself better than anyone and your honesty here is important. Often, when we uncover the true answers to these questions the resistance begins to loosen its grip. Acknowledgment is a power move that provides wisdom.
Now let’s talk about those angels that ride with me on the struggle bus. Who can you call on to help you gain momentum and stride again? Better yet, help you deflect all of that resistance like a superhero.
Here are my go-to spiritual helpers when resistance is my issue:
Archangel Uriel Helpful in getting my priorities straight and my mind clear and focused
Archangel Metatron For helping to clear self-sabotaging ways, overwhelm and procrastination
Archangel Raziel To help me remember who I am and what my connection to source/creator is
Archangel Ariel To stand in courage, conviction and lovingly claim my power
Archangel Jophiel To keep my thoughts positive and in alignment with my truth
Archangel Michael To protect me from any negative forces, including myself
It is super easy to call on your angels for help! You don’t even have to remember their names.
Just simply say “angels help” and they are with you and ready to assist!
Remember, the resistance does not last forever. There must be big positive changes on the horizon, so keep pushing forward! And, if I happen to see you on the struggle bus, I’ll give you a fist bump and a wink, so you know you are not alone.
Love and solidarity,
I wanted to share something with you on this special day that many of you may be celebrating.
I recently read about an old New Year’s Eve Irish tradition.
At midnight, the Irish open their front door to let out the Old Year and invite in the New Year. I really love this idea and plan to add this as a new tradition for myself. I love the physical action of releasing the past and acknowledging all that it has offered us. This includes the challenges, the lessons, the growth, the blessings, opportunities and miracles, too. After saying goodbye to all of our previous experiences, we then can really open ourselves up to God and the universe, remembering our limitless potential and invite all of the beauty and magic we are hoping to experience.
When we combine those hopes and desires with a dose of unshakeable faith, we truly are able to move mountains.
Now, I know this year has been super challenging for many. Myself included. But I can also recognize and acknowledge the gifts that were planted amidst the stressors, the uncertainties, losses and let downs. I am grateful for these gifts and have been reminded of who I am and the great power that lies within me.
Now, one day and one change in number on our yearly counter does not magically change everything in an instant. I am not expecting my fairy godmother to show up at midnight and wave her magic wand and fix everything that I feel still needs fixing. However, I am choosing to stay, positive, mindful and present. I am choosing Love. ❤️
I am choosing Joy. I am committed to holding myself accountable to keep my intentions clear and my actions steady. One foot in front of the other. I know the path before me holds unlimited possibilities and that I have unlimited potential.
The same holds true for you my friend. My prayer 🙏 is that you feel inspired to love yourself wholly and truly embrace your heart’s desires as you venture into this new chapter of life. Regardless of how daunting this may feel or how defeated you may have felt in the past, I urge you to just keep putting one foot in front of the other. And, when you open the door to this New Year may you get a glimpse of how beautiful your story is unfolding.
NEW YEAR PRAYER
Each step I take on my journey is filled with joy, love, peace and purpose.
My unshakeable faith keeps me excited about what I am creating for myself..
And So It Is ~
Prayers of peace, prosperity, perfect health and joy to you and yours!
JOY ❤️ HOPE ❤️ FAITH
I wanted to take this moment to tell you how grateful I am to have you in my life. Even if we have never met face to face (or even Zoom to Zoom thanks to 2020), I appreciate the opportunity to connect with you, even via email.
Christmastime brings great gratitude to my heart and regardless of what holiday you may celebrate I want you to know I think about you often, pray for you sincerely and wish great things for your life. I truly consider my time and the connections I have made with all of my clients to be a true honor and blessing and my hope is that you feel that in your time spent with me. As we bring this year to a close I want to remind you of how deeply you are loved and supported. Remember to call on this loving support often. This is the season to GIVE but it is also the season to RECEIVE. I look forward to what the future holds for all of us and I look forward to staying connected with you.
Below you will find a prayer I wrote years ago during the holiday season. I find myself coming back to it often as the sentiment still holds true to what I desire for you.
May you experience JOY in everything you do,
Beauty in everything you see,
HOPE in everything you desire,
And FAITH in everything that you are.
May your blessings be abundant and your gratitude, too.
May you practice peace on earth and goodwill towards men.
May you spread Love and Light wherever you may go.
And may you always remember how very much you are loved.
And So It Is ~
There are many wonderful things I am working on, and, of course, I am always available for one-on-one sessions when you need me.
Tidings of Comfort and Joy!
Love, Light & Blessings,
What a blessing it is to be alive right now and experience the beautiful unfolding of a new time and age. The path may have felt challenging to get to this point, but one worth the while nonetheless. If you look back at some of your greatest challenges over the last year, I encourage you to look at what was gained, as many of you were forced into changes that served you in blessed ways. The upcoming energies are here to serve us as well, and what is important to remember is that we are more than our physical experiences. As things continue to bubble to the surface may you remember that in a spiritual sense, we are birthing a new reality.
Here are some things you can expect …
- The opportunity to open up to outstanding change, more than we have ever seen before
- A greater sense of relief
- A feeling of expansion and growth
- A more comfortable relationship with abundance and the call to allow yourself to receive
- A feeling of release, unloading and surrender
- More energy. As if, what has previously been draining you has lost its power.
- A stronger connection to your intuitive self
This sounds pretty good, doesn’t it? But what do you need to do to honor what is being offered up? Here is what you can focus on:
- Hold sacred space for yourself. Commit to doing this for you, before you hold it for others.
- Connect with your spiritual helpers frequently. Let them guide your way.
- Observe yourself. How are you feeling? What do you need?
- Reflect. Take the time to process things instead of just moving on.
- Make the time to turn your dreams into goals. Then take action.
- Focus on your desires, not your fears.
- Connect with and engage with the things you are for and do not put tremendous focus on the things you feel you are against.
- Remember that you are a being of divine light.
I hold the intention that you feel connected to the path before you and that you travel it with great strength, clarity, ease and grace. May you say yes to the many opportunities that show up for you. Especially the ones that push you outside of your comfort zone.
Because oftentimes the path is easier to navigate with some sound help and guidance, I am offering a special new service to help you gain clarity and make the most out of these energetic shifts we are experiencing. This new 60-minute session is called Clear, Connect, Create!
It will include:
- Guidance for the first three months of the year
- What each month’s goals and focus should be specifically
- Which angels and spiritual helpers you should be working with each month
- An energetic tune-up to clear anything that may have been holding you back
The goal of these sessions is to empower you and as always, my goal is to be of love and service to you.
These sessions are available to book through February 16, 2021, but spaces are limited.
Grab your spot today if you are interested!
May you embrace the rest of 2020 with grace, gratitude and a heart full of hope and walk into 2021 with a plan, purpose and your spiritual team by your side!
A few weeks ago, I was sitting at my desk in my home office when another one of those kicks to the gut came. Man, it hurt. My energy was immediately zapped. Although my heart knew that I just had to stay focused and keep moving forward my head was ready to shut down. My body could feel it too. So, I did what I always do in a situation like that and I started talking to my angels. I started telling them that I was so grateful that in the midst of the many, many challenges my family had faced this year I was grateful for the countless ways we had been taken care of. I told them that I was really struggling and although I trusted that everything would work out fine yet once again, I was really worn down and just needed to vent and talk it through. In true angel style, they listened, gave advice and even acknowledged my pain. They said they were proud of me and encouraged me to keep going.
Then, they played a song in my head. “I get knocked down, but I get up again. You are never gonna keep me down!” I had to laugh. My angels always have a sense of humor and although crying has always been a great release for me, they always seem to know when laughter will be the better medicine.
I won’t say I immediately felt better, but the sting began to wear off.
I share this with you because I know that some of you have experienced so many personal trials of your own alongside the already unpredictable and stressful year of 2020.
If you find yourself struggling through a challenging day maybe you will remember this email, this song and remember that you too can get up again and keep going. Of course, you never have to do it alone. Your angels are right by your side, ready and willing to help. Remember, the tough moments don’t last forever and hopefully, they make us appreciate the peaceful moments all the more.
We’ve got this! We just need to remember who we are and who all is on our side.
Big Hugs and Majestic High Fives,
Looking to connect to loved ones?
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, I am offering only online or phone sessions. Please note that online/phone sessions are equally effective as in-person sessions. I have been providing this for years for my international clients. Mediumship readings offer you an opportunity to connect with loved ones on the other side and receive validation that the love that you shared with them is still very much alive. I would love the opportunity to connect with you and your loved ones in heaven.
Today I wanted to take the time to reach out to all of you and answer a question that has been coming up lately from some of my clients. Many of my clients have shown concern about how they can determine when they are absorbing negativity from other people. With so many things happening in our world at once it can be a little confusing to understand just exactly what you are feeling, why you are feeling it and what to do about it.
But what if you are absorbing negativity from someone else?
Well, guess what? It isn’t just other people that we can absorb negativity from. Situations and even places can affect our energy.
What do I mean? Well, think about it, our televisions alone can often trigger fear or confusion just by watching the nightly news. When we least expect it, our energy can be affected in a multitude of ways.
So, how would one know if this was happening? What could this feel like?
Here are just some of the symptoms:
- Feeling tired when there is not a logical reason too feel tired
- Unexplained moodiness or anger
- Feeling like you are in a funk or feeling “off”
- Lowered energy levels
- Feeling super needy
- Increased addictive cravings
- A desire to isolate oneself
- Interrupted sleep patterns or insomnia
- A feeling of heaviness
- Random headache, stomach ache or body pains
- Feeling repelled by someone or something
So, if you find yourself being affected by negative energy, what can you do to cleanse yourself of its effects and get back in an empowered state?
Set very clear intentions to release all negativity while doing some of these things:
- Tell it to GO!!!
- Shake it off! Literally. Do some jumping jacks, go for a walk or jump up and down.
- Sing! Find a favorite song and sing at the top of your lungs!
- Take a hot, clearing bath. Epsom salts, essential oils whatever your favorite mix is.
- Laugh!!! Find something to laugh about. Watch a comedy bit or read some funny jokes.
- Dance! Pump up the jam and dust off your dance moves.
- Get outside in nature. Spend at least 15-20 minutes outside.
- Eat a healthy meal.
- Cut cords. Literally envision yourself with a sharp sword cutting any negative cords that may have attached to you.
- Do something creative
- Change up your routine to break up any stagnation
- Spend time with animals
- Use incense, frankincense, myrrh, palo santo, sandalwood, sage or sweet grass
Now, this is far from a complete list but it definitely points you in the right direction.
Remember, that your awareness is key. When our energy takes a hit it is easy to get complacent about your situation, but that will never offer you a sense of peace.
Need a preventative measure to keep you wrapped in protection? Here is a good affirmation
to offer you extra protection throughout the day.
Taking just a few moments throughout the day to check in with where you are energetically can make all the difference in the world. I want you to experience the best of each day, standing in your power and feeling fully alive and energized.
Much love and many blessings,
Looking to connect to loved ones?
I offer mediumship sessions in person, over the phone and online. Due to COVID-19 I am limiting my time in my physical office to 2 days a week and asking that everyone follow all COVID-19 precautions by entering the building with a mask. Please note that phone sessions are equally effective as in-person sessions. Mediumship readings offer you an opportunity to connect with loved ones on the other side and receive validation that the love that you shared with them is still very much alive. I would love the opportunity to connect with you and your loved ones in heaven.